Interfaith - IAPD
- Written by: Imam Dr Abduljalil Sajid
Imam Dr Abduljalil Sajid examines the vision of the UN Inter-religious Council as an advisory body to guide the world political leadership on moral and spiritual issues for creating better world. The formation of the UN Inter-Religious Council is the founding vision of the Universal Peace Federation. It will be considered in the UPF Peace Council in London on Saturday 4th December. (For more info)
- Written by: Robin Marsh
We the participants, Muslims, Christians and Jews, from different denominations, meet today in London, to express our solidarity with and support for our brothers and sisters of the Iraqi Christian community who have been subjected to terrorist attacks, in particular the congregation of ‘Our Lady of Salvation’ in Baghdad. We emphasise the shared cultural heritage of Muslims and Christians in Iraq, as well as other faiths and denominations, as they have lived together peacefully for generations not only in Iraq but also in other Arab countries and elsewhere. We stand shoulder to shoulder with Iraqi Christians to confront the terror and fear that this important part of Iraqi society now faces, emphasising that these terrorist attacks will not succeed in dividing us and destroying the great values that we share and out long history of peaceful coexistence.
- Written by: David Wills
Consultation on the Inter-Religious Council at the UN
UK House of Commons
August 31st, 2010
The initiative of the Inter-Religious Council (IRC) at the United Nations, initiated by Rev. Dr. Sun Myung Moon as the founding purpose of the Universal Peace Federation (UPF), was yesterday emphasised by his son and successor, Rev. Dr. Hyung Jin Moon, the International Chairman of UPF, in the House of Commons’ Boothroyd room. The Harvard Divinity graduate, Rev. Moon, gave the keynote address commenting on the heritage of the Inter-Religious Council within the UK.
‘I am reminded that the first General Assembly of the United Nations was convened here in London, in 1946, at the Central Hall of the Methodist Church. I also note that the first meeting of the British parliament took place in Westminster Abbey. I believe England has always understood the necessary link between spiritual principles and values, on the one hand, and the public sphere of social, political and economic institutions, on the other hand.....In his message at the United Nations in the year 2000, Father Moon explained that the UN would not be able to fulfil its mission without creating a council that would uphold the spiritual wisdom and heritage of humanity, representing God’s guidance for all of us.’ (speech link here) Rev Marcus Braybrooke's speech link here. Imam Dr Sajid speech link here. Photos here.
- Written by: David Wills
Inter-Religious Council at the United Nations Consultation:
Comments from the audience about the inter-religious council were varied and informed.
1) That we should have a Petition at each of the consultations and promote an Early Day Motion among MPs.
2) How do we prevent religious leaders aggrandising against states or states imposing laws on religions?
3) The religious process will inevitably become politicised.
- Written by: David Wills
Universal Peace Federation’s Founding Vision: The Inter-religious Council at the UN’ at 11-00 am 31st August 2010 at House of Commons Boothroyd Room Portcullis House London
Imam Dr Abduljalil Sajid
The Muslim Council for Religious and Racial Harmony UK
Bismillah Hir Rahma Nir Rahim (I begin with name of God the Most Kind the Most Merciful). I greet you with the greetings of Islam (Assalamu Alaykum wa Rahmatullah wa Barakathu (May God’s blessing and peace be with us all.) All perfect praise be to Allah, Subhaana wa ta’aala, The Lord of the worlds. I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allah, and that Muhammad, is His servant and messenger Sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam.
I am honoured -- and deeply humbled -- to be invited by the Universal Peace Federation to speak on an important topic on ‘UPF’s Founding Vision: The Inter-religious Council at the UN’. I salute the leadership of UPF specially Chairman Dr Thomas Welsh and UPF Secretary General Taj Hammad and International President of UPF, Rev Hyung Jin Moon who has taken UPF Founder’s vision to the grassroots all over the world and consulting “ We the people” as UN charter begins.
UPF strongly believes and works with different faiths. UPF work on Building Bridges between People of Faiths is exemplary.
- Rev Dr Marcus Braybrooke: UN Inter-Religious Council
- Rev Dr Hyung Jin Moon: Consultation Meeting on The Inter-Religious Council at the UN
- UN Inter-religious Council Proposal
- Inter-religious Council Consultation
- Karen Szulakowska - Interfaith Meditation
- One Human Family Under God
- Courage with Conviction - Mansur Al-Hallaj
- Mysticism as Doctrine & Experience: Prof. Karel Werner
- Bristol UPF Interfaith Meeting
- Experiencing the Sacred
- Sharing for Peace (The Kingdom of Heaven)
- Prophet vs Reformer
- Pilgrimage – Interfaith Perspectives
- Guided Meditation and Discussion Led by Karen Szulakowska
- ‘The Search for Spirituality’: Book Launch by Prof. Ursula King
- Walking 1000 Miles on Faith Alone
- Unity and Community
- Canon Andrew White Letter to Joint Faiths Celebration
- Unity for Peace and Prosperity
- First Faithlink Meeting
- Does Satan Exist?
- Jewish & Muslim Celebration Evening
- Interfaith Initiatives Meeting
- People's Bad Behaviour
- Sharing for Peace (The Cause of Conflict)
- Glasgow Character Foundation
- Interreligious Initiatives for Universal Peace
- British Youth Come Together to Discuss Race and Religion
- Interfaith Discussion
- Mayor's March
- Edinburgh event attracts guests from across Scotland and NE England