Early Draft Programme
Renaissance Brussels Hotel, Radisson SAS Hotel
Purpose of the Conference
- To develop engagement and cooperation between civil society organisations, educational institutions, religious bodies and governments, for the advancement of human dignity and peace.
- To promote social cohesion and a vision of humanity as one global family, living in accordance with universal principles upheld by the fundamental values expressed in the charters of all international bodies and agencies
- To augment the talents, aptitudes and experiences of women and girls worldwide that qualify them as leaders and decision makers and contribute to creating a culture of peace and human dignity for future generations.
- To promote moral and character education, in order to addresses the moral failure and ignorance that leads to violation of human rights and dignity.
- To encourage greater dialogue and cooperation between peoples in order to increase mutual respect and awareness of the need to uphold the dignity and rights of others especially those of minorities.
- To overcome racism and the elements of nationalism which create barriers to harmonious exchange and human development.
Tuesday, 4th December
09:00 SESSION I: Renaissance Hotel Ballroom I
Women’s Empowerment and Human Rights
Carolyn Handschin, President, WFWPI- Europe
11:00 SESSION II: Renaissance Hotel Ballroom I
Interreligious Cooperation and the Prevention of Incitement to Racial, National and Religious Hatred
Chair: Peter Zoehrer- SG, Forum for Religious Freedom
Professor Dr. Christian Brunner, University of Graz, Institute for Austrian, European and Comparative Public Law, Political Sciences and Public Administration
Mr. Peter Zoehrer, Secretary General FOREF, Vienna - Austria
14:00 SESSION III:
Human Rights and Dignity: A New Paradigm for an Intercultural World
Dr. Antonio Stango- SG, Helsinki Committee for Human Rights- Italy (TBC)
Prof. Lord Bhikhu Parekh, (TBC)
Dr. Yong Cheon Song, Chair UPF Europe
16:30 SESSION IV
Human Rights in Multicultural Europe - Social Cohesion, Immigration and Minorities
19:00 Dinner and Cultural Programme
Wednesday, 5th December Human Rights Day 2012
08:00 Depart for the University Foundation http://www.fondationuniversitaire.be/en/
09:00 Session V: Youth Perspectives - How Will We Make Dignity a Reality?
Bogdan Pammer, Universal Peace Federation, Youth Director Europe
11:00 Session VI: Human Rights Education and Global Citizenship
12:30 Lunch: University Foundation
14:15 World Café Round-Table Discussions (4 x 15 minute sessions) University Foundation
A wonderful opportunity for participants to interact and discuss
16:00 SESSION VII: As a Peace Loving Global Citizen - an insight into WFWP and UPF’s Origins
Introduction to Women's Federation for World Peace
The Universal Peace Federation – Vision, Projects and Recent Activities
Mark Brann, Secretary General UPF Europe
Ambassador for Peace Awards and Participant Reflections