What is the Mission of the Universal Peace Federation (UPF)?
Through forums, seminars, conferences, service programs, and interfaith peace initiatives, the Universal Peace Federation builds a global network of peace builders to contribute to a world of sustainable peace in which everyone can live in freedom, harmony, cooperation, and prosperity.
The International UPF website (www.upf.org) outlines the purpose of UPF as well as providing news of its worldwide activities and peace initiatives. The UK website covers the local news and upcoming events. There is a short UPF Introduction Video available on this Link
- Interfaith Peacebuilding
- Peace and Security
- Marriage and Family
- Sustainable Development Goals
- Women's Empowerment
- Youth Empowerment
For more here.
Become a Member of UPF - UK
UPF Annual Membership Fee £30
Please use the left hand column above to pay UPF's Membership Fee Online or send a cheque payable to 'Universal Peace Federation UK'. (Mailing Address: Universal Peace Federation, 43 Lancaster Gate, London, W2 3NA)
If you would like to donate to support UPF's work please use the Donate Button through the left hand column above.
Benefits of Membership of UPF - UK
We send UPF Newsletters during the year to update our members on recent and upcoming activities. Members will receive priority invitations to UPF -UK events. During our annual UPF Peace Council in early December UPF Secretariat discusses strategy and events for the upcoming year with UPF members.
As a new member we would like to welcome you to our monthly gatherings (usually on the last Tuesday of the month, however you will be advised) where we not only get to know one another through our sharing but have an opportunity to have a presentation on one aspect of the principles guiding the work and spirit of UPF family. In this way we offer you a glimpse of the topic at hand and discussion follows.
A more substantial understanding to the UPF principles can be provided by attending our Introduction to Universal Peace Federation on the second Thursday of each month from 6 pm in 43 Lancaster Gate, London, W2 3NA. Book your place here
Become an Ambassador for Peace (AFP)
Ambassadors for Peace are men and women
dedicated to peace building and doing good for society and have an affinity for a set of principles below.
- Stand on the common ground of universal moral principles, promoting reconciliation, overcoming barriers, and building peace.
- Form a global network representing the religious, racial, and ethnic diversity of the human family and all disciplines of human endeavour.
- Promote reconciliation and cooperation beyond traditional boundaries of religion, race, ethnicity, and nationality.
- Practice “living for the sake of others” as the guiding principle for building world peace and a global community.
Launched in 2001, Ambassadors for Peace is a large and diverse international network of peace leaders. They come from all walks of life representing many races, religions, nationalities, and cultures. Periodically we present the Ambassador for Peace Award to those whose lifestyle reflects these principles.
How To Apply
- We prefer to know a nominee for a period of time and that they are a member of UPF before presenting an Ambassador for Peace (AFP) award to them.
- We also prefer if an established AFP or a senior figure within UPF could be a referee to the good character of the nominee.
For More Download the Ambassador For Peace Brochure.