Introduction to the Universal Peace Federation
What is an AFP
Ambassador for Peace
Written by Universal Peace Federation
Ambassadors for Peace
Ambassadors for Peace (AFP) Initiative, launched in 2001, has become the world's largest and most diverse network of peace leaders. They come from all walks of life representing all races, religions, nationality and cultures, and commit themselves to:
- Stand on the common ground of universal moral principles, committed to promoting reconciliation, overcoming barriers, and building peace.
- Form a global network of leaders representing the religious, racial, and ethnic diversity of the human family, as well as all disciplines of human endeavor.
- Participate in peace initiatives and programs that promote reconciliation and cooperation beyond traditional boundaries of religion, race, ethnicity, and nationality.
- Promote and practice the ethic of “living for the sake of others” as the guiding principle for building world peace and a global community.
- Affirmation of the Universal Peace Federation’s vision and principles of peace.
- Demonstration of leadership qualities in a given sphere of activity.
- Recommendation by a Senior Member of UPF and/or by an Affiliate Organization Member of UPF.
How to Apply
- We prefer to know a nominee for a period of time and that they are a member of UPF before presenting an Ambassador for Peace (AFP) award to them.
- We also prefer if an established AFP or a senior figure within UPF could be a referee to the good character of the nominee.